We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Is your child wild about dolphins, whales, or polar bears? If so, grab our free printable marine mammals word search.
Benefits of Using Word Searches with Your Student
Word searches are great for many reasons; they include these brainy-building benefits:
- Word searches are a great way to introduce or review new vocabulary.
- Word searches help new readers learn to recognize sight words and to sound out phonetic words.
- Word searches boost spelling skills.
- Word searches develop pattern recognition as well as word recognition.
- Word searches are fun and provide students with an engaging puzzle to solve.
What’s Included in the Marine Mammals Word Search Printable?
This printable word search includes one word find with twelve marine mammal themed words:
- polar bear
- pinniped (group name for seals and walruses)
- cetacean (group name for whales, dolphins, and porpoises)
It also includes answers for the word search.
How to Use the Word Finds
Word finds are simple to use. Just print and go! You can even print the answer key and let students check their own work as they finish.
If desired, you can make the word searches reusable. Simply laminate or put in a plastic sheet protector and give your student a dry erase marker to complete the activity. When your student is finished, she can wipe it off and have it ready for the next student.
Get Your Free Marine Mammals Word Search Printables
Grab your free word search game by clicking here.
More Marine Mammals Printables
If your student wants to learn more about marine mammals, try some of these learning activities.