We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
New life is buzzing and blooming! Kick off the season with a free spring word scramble.
If you are looking for all of our word puzzles, try this page.
Benefits of Word Games
A word scramble can benefit your student in a variety of ways.
- Your student will bend her brain to think of words related to the word scramble topic.
- Your student will use spelling skills (and possibly dictionary skills, too) to unscramble the words.
- If you put your students in groups, they can work cooperatively to determine each word.
- Word games can introduce new vocabulary words or review words that students may not use frequently.
- Word scrambles can help your student make connections between the words and the subject of the puzzles.
- Puzzles and games break up the monotony of regular book work. Word scrambles are a fun way to create interest in a topic or celebrate a holiday or season.
What’s Included in the Set of Spring Word Scramble Printables?
The printable pack includes four different spring themed word scrambles. Each option has a color version as well as a black and white version (with images your student can color, if desired).
Plant Theme Word Scramble
This word scramble includes words like bud and shoot, blossom and tulip–all related to spring plants.
Spring Weather Word Scramble
This printable includes ten weather words for your student to unscramble.
Animal Babies Word Scramble
Chicks, bunnies, fawns, and ducklings–all these animal babies make their appearance in spring. Let your student unscramble these ten animals and use this word game as a springboard to learn more about animal babies.
Spring Things! Word Scramble
Celebrate spring with this word scramble. Your student will unscramble words such as mud, frog, umbrella, and worm.
Spring word scramble answer keys are included in the printable pack.
How to Use the Free Spring Word Scrambles
- Subscribe to the newsletter using the box below and confirm your email (unless you are already confirmed).
- Wait for the the next email with the download button.
- Download the word puzzles.
- Choose which word scrambles to print. You can print in full color or black and white (to save on ink).
- Demonstrate how to unscramble the words.
- Encourage your student to have fun with these games.
Note: Each scramble is a full page. If your student doesn’t need the extra room to experiment with spelling and word building, consider printing two pages per page (you should find the option in your printer settings).
Get Your Free Spring Word Scramble Printables
Use the form below to subscribe to the newsletter. Once you confirm, you’ll receive an email with the link to the word scramble puzzles. If you are already confirmed, simply enter your email address below, and you will receive an email with the link.
More Spring Printables for Your Students
Continue your exploration of spring and spring things we these printables: