We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Are you working on cutting practice with your student? Head to the woods and grab these Forest Cutting Practice Pages to help your student develop scissor skills. This set of printable worksheets is fantastic for a preschool or kindergarten forest theme.
What Are the Benefits of Using the Forest Animals Cutting Pages?
When your student practices cutting, he is learning more than just how to use scissors. Your student experiences multiple benefits.
- Learning to use scissors helps a child develop focus as they look at the paper and determine where to cut.
- Scissor skills work and strengthen a child’s hand muscles.
- Using scissors builds fine motor muscles that will be used for other tasks such as handwriting.
- Scissor skills boost two-handed coordination.
- When your student finishes a cutting page, he will develop confidence that he can complete a task.
What’s Included in the Forest Animal Cutting Pages?
This set of cutting pages includes five different cut and color activities.
- Rabbit Cut & Color Page
- Deer Cut & Color Page
- Fox Cut & Color Page
- Bear Cut & Color Page
- Raccoon Cut & Color Page
How to Use the Forest Animal Cut and Color Pages
- Print the cutting pages.
- Let your student choose one of the forest animals.
- Encourage your student to color the picture.
- Encourage your student to cut out the picture, using the lines provided.
- Don’t worry about perfection, especially if your student hasn’t mastered the skill of cutting yet.
If desired, let your student glue the forest animal to a piece of construction paper and give the art away to an aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, or friend!
Grab Your Set of Free Forest Animal Cutting Practice Pages
Simply click on the image below to grab your set of free cutting pages.
More Forest Animal Printables for Your Forest Theme
If your student loves to cut and color, use this Forest Habitat Create-a-Scene to learn more about the forest.
If you are developing a forest themed unit for your students try some of these printables: