We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
April 22nd is Earth Day. Encourage your kids to learn more about caring for the planet with this Earth Day word scramble set.
Benefits of Word Scrambles
Is a word scramble just busy work? No way! A word scramble can benefit your student in a variety of ways.
- Your student will bend her brain to think of words related to the word scramble topic.
- Your student will use spelling skills (and possibly dictionary skills, too) to unscramble the words.
- If you put your students in groups, they can work cooperatively to determine each word.
- Word scrambles can introduce new vocabulary words or review words that students may not use frequently.
- Puzzles and games break up the monotony of regular book work. Word scrambles are a fun way to enjoy a holiday like Earth Day.
What’s Included in the Earth Day Word Scramble Pack?
The printable pack includes four different word scrambles with a variety of Earth Day themes. Each option has a color version as well as a black and white version.
- Love the Earth Themed Word Scramble
This word scramble includes ten words like earth, water, and ecology–words all about planet Earth.
- Conservation Word Scramble
This word scramble includes ten words to help your student understand the importance of conservation, recycling, and how to be a better steward of the Earth.
- Plants Themed Word Scramble
Earth is beautiful when it is GREEN! Your student will unscramble ten words related to plants.
- Animal Themed Word Scramble
The final word puzzle includes ten animal themed words.
The set of puzzles includes Earth Day word scramble answer keys.
How to Use the Earth Day Word Scramble Printables
- Subscribe to the newsletter using the box below and confirm your email (unless you are already confirmed).
- Wait for the the next email with the download button.
- Download the Earth Day puzzles.
- Choose which word scrambles to print. You can print in full color or black and white (to save on ink).
- Demonstrate how to unscramble the words.
- Encourage your student to have fun with these games.
Get Your Free Printable Earth Day Word Scrambles
Use the form below to subscribe to the newsletter. Once you confirm, you’ll receive an email with the link to the word scramble puzzles. If you are already confirmed, simply enter your email address below, and you will receive an email with the link.
More Earth Day Printables and Resources
Learn more about taking care of the planet and being a good steward with these resources.