We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Bring the outdoors inside with this fun campsite dramatic play set.
Benefits of Dramatic Play
Why should you encourage pretend play for your preschool and kindergarten students? Because it is brain-building!
The camping pretend play set is beneficial for your student because it promotes:
- creativity and imagination
- fine motor skills
- gross motor skills
- social development
- language and communication skills
- problem-solving abilities
- cooperative play and teamwork
Campsite Dramatic Play Signs
This set of camping pretend play printables includes a huge variety of signs, posters, and badges for your students.
- Welcome to Our Campsite Poster
- Wildlife Viewing Area Poster
- Don’t Forget to Extinguish Your Campfire Poster
- Today’s Fire Danger Poster (use with mini-clips to mark the day’s danger)
- Please Don’t Feed the Bears Poster
- Help Keep Green Valley Clean Poster
- Green Valley Park Is Open
- Green Valley Park Is Closed
- Green Valley Park Check In
- Picnic Area Arrow Sign
- Hiking Arrow Sign
- Park Office Arrow Sign
- Check In Arrow Sign
- Campsites Arrow Sign
- Fishing Arrow Sign
- Careful! Bears in Area Sign
- Careful! Snakes in Area Sign
Camping Vocabulary Cards
Your student can use the cards as items in a camp shop, or as items to pack in a backpack for a pretend camping trip.
- Sleeping Pad
- Fishing Pole
- Hiking Boots
Additional Campsite Dramatic Play Printables
- Camping Badges (includes two of each: Ranger, Camper, and Hiker)
- Check In Clipboard
- Wildlife Viewing Clipboard
Campsite Dramatic Play Centers
In addition to the above printables, this camping pretend play set includes three center activity ideas.
The first is a create a camping map. Students can color, cut, paste, and draw to make their own maps of Green Valley Park.
The second center includes shapes matching worksheets. Simply laminate and add a dry erase marker for students to use and reuse these activity pages.
The third is a writing center. Students can trace the words and color the images to create a packing list.
Camping Pretend Play Props
You can add even more imaginative fun to your campsite dramatic play printables if you use some props.
- Pitch a Tent (this makes a great reading nook)
- Nature Guides (you can even find some made specifically for kids)
- Campfire Craft
- Stuffed Animals (super fun if you have the animals needed for the Wildlife Viewing clipboard)
- Kiddie Pool (for a fishing pond)
- Toy Camping Set
Download Your Free Pretend Camping Pretend Play Printables
Use the form below to subscribe to the newsletter. Once you confirm, you’ll receive an email with the link to the campsite dramatic play printables. If you are already confirmed, simply enter your email address below, and you will receive an email with the link.