We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Match the raindrops to the corresponding number with this free printable weather matching game.
Weather Matching Game Preparation
This game requires a bit of printing and cutting, but it is easy to set up.
Print the matching cards on cardstock.
If desired, glue scrapbook paper pages to the backs of the card pages. This is not necessary, but it will give the cards a finished look. If you don’t have scrapbook paper, you could use colored paper.
Cut apart the cards.
You’re ready to play the game!
If you don’t want to play a two player game, you could give your students the cards and let them use them for a simple matching activity.
Weather Matching Game Instructions
This game is similar to any memory matching game. Your student’s goal is to match the number to the corresponding number of raindrops.
- Mix up the cards. Put them in rows, face down.
- Players take turns choosing two cards to turn over.
- If the two cards match, keep them and take another turn. If the two cards do not match, turn them back over. The turn is over.
- Let the next player have a turn.
- Continue until all cards have been matched.
- Count the matches.
- The player who has the most matches is the winner.
Nice and easy!
Grab Your Free Weather Memory Matching Game
Simply click on the image below to snag your free printable memory game.
More Weather Themed Activities and Printables
If you are building a weather theme for your early learners, try some of our other resources: