We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Reinforce or review learning shapes while practicing fine motor skills with this printable pack of shape mazes. Your preschool or kindergarten student will love helping the mouse find the cookie as she works her way through the mazes.
Benefits of the Mazes
This set of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Mazes provides many benefits for your preschool or kindergarten student.
- Mazes improve executive function skills such as planning and brainstorming as your student finds the pattern and determines how to solve the maze.
- The shape mazes will also boost fine motor skills as your student colors or traces through the path of the maze.
- Additionally, mazes require your student to use her eyes to find possible solutions. This will help build the visual motor skill of scanning which your student will use in the future for reading and writing.
- Mazes also boost student confidence. When a student completes the puzzle, she can take pride in a job well done.
What’s Included in This Set of Shape Mazes?
This set of shape mazes includes one maze for each of the following shapes:
How to Use the Shape Mazes
This set of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Mazes is easy to use.
- Enrich this printable by reading If You Give a Mouse a Cookie to your student. (This is completely optional.)
- Print the mazes.
- Give your student a crayon.
- If desired, introduce or review the name of the shape on the maze printable.
- Show your student how to follow the shape through the maze to help the mouse find a cookie.
- If you want, laminate the mazes or put them in a dry erase pocket so that they can be used again and again. If you choose this option, give your student a dry erase marker to complete the shape mazes.
Get Your Set of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Shape Mazes
Use the form below to subscribe to the newsletter and to receive your free printable mazes.
More Preschool Printables
If you love the books by Laura Numeroff, try these other printable resources that are based on her books.