We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Tweet, Tweet! Grab these Bird Cutting Practice Pages and help your student develop scissor skills.
What Are the Benefits of Using the Bird Cutting Worksheets?
When your student practices cutting, she is learning more than just how to use scissors. Your student experiences multiple benefits.
- Learning to use scissors helps a child develop focus as they look at the paper and determine where to cut.
- Scissor skills work and strengthen a child’s hand muscles.
- Using scissors builds fine motor muscles that will be used for other tasks such as handwriting.
- Scissor skills boost two-handed coordination.
- When your student finishes a cutting page, she will develop confidence that she can complete a task.
What’s Included in the Bird Cutting Practice Pages?
This set of Bird Cutting Pages includes four different cut and color activities.
- Bird Flying Cutting Page
- Bird on a Birdhouse Cutting Page
- Two Birds on a Branch Cutting Page
- Detailed Bird Cutting Page
How to Use the Bird Cut and Color Pages
The printable bird cutting pages are easy to use.
- Print the cutting pages.
- Let your student choose one.
- Encourage your student to color the picture.
- Encourage your student to cut out the picture, using the lines provided.
- Don’t worry about perfection, especially if your student hasn’t mastered the skill of cutting yet.
If desired, let your student glue the bird to a piece of construction paper and give the art away to an aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, or friend!
Grab Your Set of Free Cutting Pages
Simply click on the image below to get your free set of cutting pages.
More Bird Printables for Your Bird Theme
Are you looking for more preschool and kindergarten printables to add to your bird themed unit? Try some of these!