We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
Katy the snowplow was always waiting for her big chance to help. But with winters that usually didn’t hold a lot of snow, Katy didn’t have much opportunity to shine. Then a blizzard blankets the city and everyone is relying on Katy for help.
This timeless story serves at the base for diving into various topics such as measurement, community helpers, character, cities, and more. Grab our free set of Katy and the Big Snow printables and have fun with this story.
Katy and the Big Snow Printable Activities
The Katy and the Big Snow printable pack includes these activities:
- Katy and the Big Snow Spelling Tile Pages
- Create a Character (analyze Katy and create your own character)
- Katy and the Big Snow Copywork Page
- Measurement Activity Page
- Five Feet Deep Measurement Pocket & Activity
- Katy and the Big Snow Story Problems
- Traffic Signs Tally & Graph
- What Does a City Need? Notebook Page
- Create Your Own City Activity
- Points of the Compass Page
- Community Helper Cards & Pocket (cards include police officer, mail carrier, doctor, EMT, sanitation worker, and firefighter)
How to Get Started with Your Katy and the Big Snow Printables
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the Katy and the Big Snow printables.
- Buy or borrow the book, Katy and the Big Snow by Virginia Lee Burton.
- Choose and prepare the printables you want to use with your student.
- Enjoy a week of reading and learning with Katy!
Get Your Free Katy and the Big Snow Printables
Simply click the image below to grab your free set of Katy and the Big Snow printables.
Learn More About Community Helpers
Try these other resources to read and learn more about community helpers.