We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won’t cost you anything, but it helps us to keep the site running. Thanks for your support.
This lapbook was made to go with the book, If America Were a Village: A Book about the People of the United States by David J. Smith.
Who are the people living in this vast and varied nation? Where did they come from? What are they like today? How do they compare with people in other countries? The book’s simple statistical analysis provides a new way of learning about where people live in America, the state of their health, the shapes and sizes of families, what they use and more.
Grab a copy of the book and use the If America Were a Village Lapbook to get a snapshot of what the United States is like (as a village of 100 people).
Thanks to Tristan Rowlee for creating this If America Were a Village Lapbook.
If America Were a Village Lapbook Printables
This file doesn’t include any lessons as all the information you need is found in the book, If America Were a Village. These are the mini-books included:
- How Old Are the People in the Village? Graph Simple Fold Book
- Where did our ancestors come from? Simple Fold Book
- Are there cars in our village? Simple Fold Book
- Energy and Water Shutter Flap Book
- What Are Our Families Like Fan Book
- Languages Spoken Flap Book
- Religions We Practice Flap Book
- How Many Cell Phones? Shape Book
- How Many Televisions? Shape Book
- Where is all the money? Simple Fold Book
- Where Do We Live? Pie Chart Simple Fold Book
- Occupations Layer Book
How to Get Started with the If America Were a Village Lapbook
Follow these simple instructions to get started with the If America Were a Village Lapbook:
- Buy a copy of the book, If America Were a Village: A Book about the People of the United States by David J. Smith, or grab one from your local library.
- Print the If America Were a Village Lapbook.
- Choose the lessons you want to use with your student (a highlighter works great for this).
- Enjoy a week of learning some geography of the U.S.A. with your student.
Download Your Free If America Were a Village Lapbook
Simply click on the image below to grab the free If America Were a Village Lapbook.