Did you know about the gobs of buried treasure on Homeschool Share? Probably not. In an effort to get these resources back in the hands (and printers!) of educators, we will be highlighting them here on the Homeschool Share Blog.
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed.
Jen Geary contributed this adorable ABC letter matching game to Homeschool Share years ago. I am so happy to pull it out of the archives and give it the attention it deserves!
Let your preschool or kindergarten student help hang the laundry with this fun alphabet recognition and matching game!
Directions for Laundry Letters Matching Game
- Print the shirts, shorts, and socks on different colors of paper.
- Cut out.
- Laminate, if desired.
- Put clothes in a laundry basket.
- String a clothesline (ribbon, yarn, etc.) from one chair to another.
- Give your students the clothes and clothespins.
Options for Learning:
1. Have you child hang the clothes to the clothesline for fine motor practice. Help her by calling out the letters.
2. Ask your child to match the uppercase and lowercase letters by hanging them together.
As you learn letters together, be sure to include some great ABC books. Here are five fantastic alphabet picture books!
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin
On Market Street by Anita and Arnold Lobel
The Z Was Zapped by Chris Van Allsburg
Alphabears: An ABC Book by Kathleen and Michael Hague
The Accidental Zucchini: An Unexpected Alphabet by Max Grover