My nieces came to visit for an “Art Day,” and I decided we could throw in a “cooking” project, too. After all, culinary art is art!
We read Mouse Mess by Linnea Riley–a short, rhyming romp about a mouse who snacks his way through the kitchen. After the tale, we got started on our cracker snacker lunch.
I gathered lots of fun ingredients. I split the dining room table into two spaces for the girls to work. One side was savory. The other side was sweet.
You could use any of the following combination of ingredients for the savory snackers:
- Crackers, Appetizer Bread (bases)
- Sliced Boiled Egg
- Sliced Cucumbers
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Peanut Butter (and Jam)
- Cheese Spreads
- Cheese Slices
- Pepperoni or Ham Slices
- Olives, Pickles (for toppers!)
- Goldfish Crackers (another good topper)
You can really let your imagination go wild for the sweet snackers:
- Graham Crackers (base) Did you know they come in cinnamon and chocolate, too?
- Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Pudding
- Fruit Slices (any kind!)
- Berries (for toppers)
- Mini Chocolate or Peanut Butter Chips (a favorite, for sure)
I let the girls go to work, and work they did. The combinations were fantastic and delicious!