“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” Dr. Seuss
I happen to think that this quote pertains to our home schools as well as just life in general. Sometimes we need a break from the routine, sometimes we need a little fantasy, nonsense, and FUN added to our day!!
That’s why I’m sharing these FUN Dr. Seuss ideas with you! March 2nd is Dr. Seuss’s birthday and schools all across country have started celebrating Read Across America Day on this day to celebrate reading and these amazing stories.
Before I share some of the fabulous ideas I’ve found online, make sure you check out this awesome unit study based on several of Dr. Seuss’s books!! There are TONS of learning ideas here! FREE of course.
Here are some ideas to get your nonsense going. 🙂
Scrumptious Seuss Snacks
- GOLDFISH to go along with One Fish, Two Fish ~ so many things you could do here, count them, skip count, predict how many are in the fish bowl, sort by color if you buy the multi-colored fish.
- Cat in the Hat ice cream treat
- Cat in the Hat HAT treats ~ scroll down to see the treats made from half an oreo, lifesavers and frosting
- Green Eggs and Ham pretzel treats
- Lorax cupcakes
- Cat in the Hat cake
- Seuss Inspired Muffin Tin Lunch
- Another adorable Seuss Inspired Muffin Tin lunch – but check out these Thing 1 & 2 Strawberries!! Adorable!
- Green egg cookies
Fabulous Fun to be Found
- Little ones? Green gak for sensory play sounds pretty fun to me!
- Math – Take a poll! Have your child ask friends and family to share their favorite Dr. Seuss titles!
- Thing 1 & 2 Peg Dolls
- Lorax felt puppet
- Handprint Fish Art for One Fish, Two Fish
- Handprint Thing 1 & 2
- Adorable felt storyboards – could use for many stories!
- Montessori Cat in the Hat activity with red pom-poms
- Lorax mask
- Cat in the Hat finger puppets
- Simple Paper Plate Cat in the Hat HATS
- There’s a Wocket in My Pocket art lesson
Dear Homeschool Share Moms, pretty please think of this list as a list of options, not requirements! You could easily choose ONE of these ideas, read some Dr. Seuss books from your shelf, have a green snack and your kids will love it! More isn’t always better. I just share all these ideas to give you ideas and a starting point!! 🙂 HAVE FUN!! No pressure to make it perfect, OK!?
And here is our Seuss Pinterest Board with tons more FUN ideas for bringing some nonsense and fantasy to your homeschool day!