Happy First Day of Winter!
Even though Christmas will be over in a few days, you can continue to make great memories with your kids.
Inspired by our Summer Bucket List, here is a customizable Winter Bucket List! You create a unique list by choosing 20 wonderful winter activities and projects for your family.
Ideas (from the fabulous moms on the Homeschool Share Message Boards)
1. Make snow ice cream.
2. Collect mittens, scarves, and hats for people who need them.
3. Build a snowman.
4. Drink hot cocoa.
5. Watch Frosty the Snowman together.
6. Memorize Isaiah 9:6-7 together.
7. Make snow candy.
8. Hang suet treats in the trees for birds.
9. Make paper snowflakes.
10. Go ice skating.
11. Take treats to a nursing home or an elderly neighbor.
12. After a fresh snow, go on a walk and look for animal tracks.
13. Have a game or puzzle night.
14. Make homemade marshmallows.
15. Put food coloring and water in spray bottles and go “paint” the snow!
16. Grow crystal snowflakes.
17. Keep a winter bird watch log.
18. Make snowflake tortillas.
19. Go sledding!
20. String cranberries and popcorn and put them in trees for forest friends.
21. Have an old fashioned taffy pull!
22. Drink some hot apple cider.
23. Make GIANT paper snowflakes!
24. Shovel the snow off the sidewalk for a neighbor.
25. Go on a winter scavenger hunt.
26. Make snow angels.
27. Build an igloo or snow fort.
28. Make an ice man.
29. Ask local friends and family to help you gather food for a food pantry.
30. Examine snowflakes.
31. Make winter sun catchers.
32. Check out library books about polar animals.
33. Make S’mores in the oven.
34. Go out on a not-so-horribly-cold night and look at the winter constellations.
35. Spread a tablecloth on the floor and have an indoor picnic.
36. Movie night!
37. Spread shaving cream all over the table and add cars and plastic toys for some indoor “snow” play.
38. Make snowball cookies and take some to a neighbor.
39. Learn all about Snowflake Bentley.
40. Snowball fight!
41. Make sparkly snow play-doh.
42. Eat some snowman biscuits.
43. Build a tent and read books together.
44. Create indoor ice sculptures.
45. Make some snow globes.